I’m sure by now most of us have seen the above photo. It has been making its way around Facebook for the last week or two.
Last week a fellow blogger, who just happens to be awesome, posted this picture on her Facebook page. The comments started out pretty much how you would expect them to. Lots of moms chiming in saying they loved it, they did some of the things in the picture, they are good moms.
Then like all good things, it quickly came to an end. As it went on people were being told that if you circumcise your son you are a pedophile. Moms were being called abusers, mutilators, and everything in between.
In true awesome blogger fashion, instead of hiding, deleting the photo and moving on, Jenn at Life with Levi created a blog meme so we can all share some of our parenting choices and why we are still good moms. If you want to join us, you can do so here.
Without further ado, this are some of the reasons I am a Craptastic Mom.
1. Our son was circumcised. It was not even an option not to have this done.
2. We homeschool. Gasp. How ever will they be socialized?
3. After fighting with her for 9 months, my daughter sets her own bedtime.
4. Both of my children have slept in their cribs from day one.
5. We don’t do Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy or any of the other lies we make up to tell our children.
6. At the age of 5 our son had his first eye exam. Not because we thought he needed it but because we had the insurance coverage, so why not. He was blind as a bat and needed glasses.
7. We do ice cream for dinner sometimes.
8. And cake for breakfast.
9. I breastfed and formula fed both of them.
10. I didn’t cloth diaper my son. I did my daughter until she leaked out of them all the time and we happily switched to disposables.
11. I let them eat off the floor.
12. And share the dogs food.
13. We do an insane amount of Allman Brothers dance parties in the living room.
14. I have always washed the kids clothes with our clothes in the same detergent.
At the end of the day they are happy, healthy, and I wouldn’t change a single thing I do for the world!