If you are anything like me the last thing you want to do on Christmas morning is spend it in the kitchen cooking. But you also don’t want to just serve cold cereal. It doesn’t seem appropriate not to have a special breakfast.
My sister used to make these amazing crepes with mandarin oranges and powered sugar. They were so tasty but she spent most of the morning in the kitchen cooking them. Missing out on everything else going on.
I took her recipe for crepes, played around with it a bit and came up with these easy pancake fruit cups. They are quick, easy and a special breakfast on Christmas morning. And they also ensure I don’t spend all day in the kitchen.
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter into muffin tin. Fill each cup about half full.
- Place a baking sheet under the muffin tin and cook at 400 for about 10 minutes.
Remove, top with your choice of fruit or syrup, or both. And enjoy!
I like to have all the dry ingredients in the blender and the pans sitting out the night before. Then I simply get up, add the wet ingredients, blend and bake. I spend maybe 15 minutes in the kitchen and then get to enjoy Christmas morning with my family. And we all get to enjoy a great breakfast.