Part 11 in the series 30 Things My Kids Should Know About Me.
10 Pet Peeves.
Some of these are easy and are things my kids already know, or at least are learning about on a daily basis. Others are just little ways that my crazy shows.
1. Lying. Ask my kids how I feel about this. There are a lot of things that I may not address every single time it happens. Most of them are not a really big deal. This is not one of those things. I cannot stand being lied to.
2. Ignoring me. Genghis is king of this one. I can ask or tell him to do something and he acts like he doesn’t hear me. I know he heard, he knows he heard, he just chooses to ignore me. Nothing more disrespectful than ignoring your mother.
3. Pencil on paper. I am a big texture person. Meaning, I hate them. There are a few sounds or the ways things feel that really just drive me up the wall. Like have to get up and leave the room or I will lose it. The sound and feel of pencil on paper is enough to make my skin crawl. Just typing about it makes me shudder.
4. Dirt on my hands. This one ties in to number 3 and the texture or feeling of things. I can’t stand for anything to be on my hands. Especially dirt. Then it dries, and your skin feels all nasty and almost hard to move. I wash my hands all day long and then promptly apply lots and lots of lotion.
5. Not using turn signals. You know someone once thought up the idea of a turn signal and then they implemented it so they could be used on cars. They are this great invention that allows you to let other drivers know what you are doing, thereby avoiding an accident. Learn how to use them!
6. Irresponsible pet owners. We have 3 dogs and we work hard not only to take care of them but also to make sure that they stay in our yard. Sure at times accidents happen and the dogs get out. But they are few and far between and then of course we are running around to get them back home. Unfortunately with living out in the country comes stray dogs galore. Most of them have homes, collars, and people who feed them. But they also don’t do anything to make sure the dogs stay in their yard and instead I am constantly chasing off dogs that want to come hang out at our house.
7. Dog hair. I know, we have dogs, so you’d think I would have been prepared for this. But in my defense we had short haired dogs until last summer. They shed but it is not bad at all. Mesa on the other hand is a walking hairball who is forever leaving little piles of dog hair all over my house. Would it be mean to shave her bald?
8. Text speak. I can’t stand it. Even my texts have full sentences and punctuation.
9. Celebrities who use their platform to share their politics. Even if I agree with them. I don’t care who you voted for, what type of job you think our president is doing, or anything else. Just take your big pay check, keep acting, singing, or whatever it is you do and thank the fans for your award.
10. The duck face. It is not cute, sexy, or whatever else you are trying to be. Please, stop doing it! Please.
What are your pet peeves?